I received this lovely box as part of ELLE magazine subscription. I religiously buy magazines every month so why I have only just decided to take out a subscription which saves me lots of money is beyond me! ELLE was offering this stunning Benefit box as part of their May subscription package so I decided to treat myself to it just in time for summer!
1. Bikini-tini Cream & Powder Eyeshadow: This eyeshadow is lovely and shimmery. It’s a very nude/beige shade so it barely noticeable in the pigmentation itself. However, the shimmer catches the light and looks wonderful. The long wear powder shadow to the right is different in the texture of the cream eyeshadow but is very similar in colour. Slightly more pigmented and less shimmery.
2. Hoola Bronzer: I don’t think there’s a beauty blogger around that hasn’t heard of Hoola. I much prefer Hoola to Dallas which is one of Benefit’s older bronzer’s. Hoola is also fab for contouring. I do appreciate Benefit’s square brushes, but let’s be real, no beauty blogger ever uses those things!
3. Watt’s Up Highlighter: This is a product that I had never even considered buying before but I do absolutely love it. This highlighter is no too strong however I’m sure it’s build able so you could achieve a less natural look if you preferred. The thing I love about this is the ease of application, you simply rub the Watt’s Up highlighter on your index and forefinger and then dab it onto your cheekbones. Much easier to use than liquid highlighters such as High Beam or NAR’s Copacabana because there is not risk of smudging your foundation with the highlighter on top. Definitely recommend.
4. Hoola Lipgloss: I must say I’m not a huge fan of lipgloss. In fact i’m not a fan at all. I think it’s much too sticky, hardly every lasts long, it doesn’t pigment very well and it just makes your lips look like a slip and slide. Nah. However, I will say that this gloss smells nice and is er… that’s about it. Lipstick for the win.
5. They’re Real Mascara: As far as mascaras go it’s terrible. It’s for those girls who follow trends, not those who actually know what makes a good mascara. There is a MASSIVE hype over this mascara maybe because the advertising was so well done for it but it is actually terrible. The full price of this mascara is ridiculous for what you’re getting, you can find alternatives from Superdrug or Boots that would do a better job. The pros; it makes your eyelashes black and lengthens them to a point (albeit a very pathetic one). If you want a great mascara try MAC’s Zoom Fast Black Lash, I’ve been using it for three years now and it’s still my favourite. Makes my lashes hit my eyebrows it’s so damn good.
The kit also comes with cute tutorials on different looks to create with their products. All in all it’s an excellent box considering it was free,. However, I would not pay full price for it. I would recommend spending the money on a full size of Watt’s Up. It was a great box to try some of Benefit’s products without having to commit to full price. But one thing I’ve learnt is that They’re Real is shit, Benefit’s Bronzer/Blusher brushes are laughable and Watt’s Up is perhaps one of the best highlighter’s around.