Blair Waldorf is a modern fucking guru. She knows, she just knows. Remember when Georgina Sparks was messing with Serena and Dan’s relationship and she sent her to a Christian boot camp? Amazing. Remember when she put Chuck in his place when she knew she deserved better? Yeah, me too – nearly cried. The show ended four years ago but the Waldorf legacy lives on. Here are her best nuggets of advice you may be in need of one…
1.Basically, sometimes you need a big heap of retail therapy. Anyone who says otherwise obviously has not experienced the joy of opening new makeup or buying a new hot dress.
2. Sometimes we all just need a little reinvention. Sometimes we have to do things differently to change and grow. Even if they are way, way out of our comfort zone. I wouldn’t recommend shoplifting like Blair did though.
3. Something else other than retail therapy, champagne therapy. Sometimes you all need a heap of champagne.
4. We’ve all seen this happen in live action. A man too stupid to realise what he has. Then he trades it for the biggest downgrade you’ve ever witnessed. Shame, everyone thought you were better than that.
5. The time Blair forgave Chuck for all the shit he put her through. We’ve felt saint like forgiving some people who definitely didn’t deserve it. But we needed to forgive to move on so there you have it.
6. That one person you just can’t quite get out of your head. The Chuck to your Blair… Hopefully, it will all work out in the end. If not there’s always the mimosa’s and the retail therapy to help. Maybe even a Dan Humphrey to relapse with.
7. This sucks. Having difficulty moving on from someone is the worst whether you’ve been with them for three years or three months – the effect that someone has on you is not determined by how long you have known them. But every time I feel like I can’t move on, I do! Time is wonderful. and you’re stronger than you think.
8. Ever felt so baffled by your own friend’s stupidity that you’ve had to take everything into your own hands? Group projects in high school – hell to the fuck yeah.
9. Blair Waldorf does not sit on her ass pining after something she wants. She makes a plan and gets it… even if it takes a few years of rollercoastering like with Chuck Bass.
10. Circling round thinking the same thing over and over again is the worst. Over thinking will be the death of us all but at least you know Blair Waldorf has been there before and come out the other end unscathed.
11. Never compromise yourself or sell yourself short for anyone. You’re worth way more than that.
12. a.k.a get off your ass and work for what you want. We all have dreams and goals and usually we just sit around waiting for some opportunity for them to happen to us rather than making a game plan and being pro-active about it. Get out there & go get ’em!
13. Sometimes you need to step on a few toes to get shit done and that’s OK so long as you don’t create and damage that you cannot eventually repair.
14. This is one I forget all the time but it’s completely true. Don’t worry or overthink things because they really are never that bad. My mom always tells me to sleep on it and I always wake up feeling better or knowing the solution to a problem I have.
15. Niceties are super hard. There are some people that you are never going to get along with and that’s life. Embrace it and leave them behind. You aren’t going that way anyhow.
16. Did you know that women sell themselves short when going for jobs in comparison to men? We tend not to go for things we feel are out of our reach. Although that isn’t party related we often feel like we aren’t invited to things. Sometimes you gotta invite yourself and just go for it. What’s the worst that could happen?
17. Personally, I’m sick of the fuck boys and the endless dating cycle. I’m ready for Chuck Bass to grow up and get his ass over to me.
18. Ever felt so dramatic about your situation you contemplated suicide by shopping? No, me either. But spending does make me feel better for a while!
19. “I am a strong, independent woman” I chant to myself as I watch The Notebook and wish someone was there playing with my hair. Sometimes you need someone and sometimes you really don’t. Harness the times you feel your least vulnerable and most independent. Those are powerful moments that only you can enjoy.